August 22, 2010

The Jewelry Swap -- Update

It's been a busy couple of weeks.  I had my orientation week at school last week, and let me tell you, we had some long days.  I know it's just a taste of what I'm in for this semester, but the days were long.  I finally have some time and wanted to update everyone on the awesome necklace (and bonus earrings -- Thanks Amy!  You rock!) Amy at Spyder Jewels sent me for the jewelry swap. 

In response to the questions I sent, I told her that I'm pretty casual and that I would like a lariat style necklace.  Well, she delivered!  This talented lady created a beautiful necklace and matching earrings for me.


Aren't they gorgeous?!?!?  I can picture them with everything from a pair of jeans and a white T-shirt to a little black dress.  I just love everything about the set.  The colors are perfect.  The style is great... casual, but elegant.  The length is great.  I am just so excited to add the set to my jewelry collection.  It is definitely going to get plenty of wear!

I can't provide too many details about the necklace I created for Davinia until she receives it (it takes a little while to make it around the world).  However, I can share my inspiration for the piece.  Shortly after receiving her answers to my questions, I saw an amazing photo on Beverly Ash Gilbert's blog.  As soon as I saw the photo, I felt compelled to create Davinia's necklace using the colors and style of the picture as my inspiration.  I hope she likes it, and I can't wait to share her answers to my questions and how I converted those answers into a piece of jewelry that I hope she loves!

Here's the inspiration photo from Beverly Ash Gilbert's blog: 

I'll provide more details later... and check back Tuesday for an all new New Tip Tuesday post. If you have trouble with color combinations, I think you'll like this post.

Happy Beading!
Kell

3 comments:

Davinia said...

The necklace Amy made for you is just gorgeous, the earrings are fabulous too. It was a lot of fun being in the jewelry swap and thankfully Dawn really liked the piece I sent her. Can't wait for yours to arrive especially after seeing the picture that inspired the colours.

marsspyder said...

I'm so glad you like your necklace and it's friends! :) I'm nabbing a few photos for my blog!

Hugs!
Amy

Kell said...

Davinia -- Thanks. I love the pieces she sent. I hope you like the piece I made for you as much as I like the ones she made!

Amy -- I can't thank you enough. I absolutely love the jewelry!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails