March 24, 2010

Earrings

There is something insanely rewarding about creating earrings. No, no, no... it's not just because I love earrings. I really think there is something great about making them. Maybe it's because they are quick. The immediate gratification is so satisfying. Here's a look at some of my recent earring creations:

My husband had to work on Saturday, so I packed up my beads and spent the day with him at work. I decided to try my hand at making earrings. I'd been thinking about the silver and red color combination for a little while. While playing with some 20 gauge wire I came up with this design. I really like the way they turned out, even though the design was unplanned.

I created these earrings at the same time I created the red ones above. These earrings were also unplanned. I was playing with wire and came up with the design. There seemed to be something missing, so I added the crystal colored fringe beads to the bottom. I'm really into drop earrings right now, but I still like simple designs.



I created these squiggle earrings over my lunch break on Monday. I was looking through my beads and found the glass beads on the bottom of the earrings. I've had them for a couple of years now and have been waiting for the perfect project to incorporate them. I finally got tired of waiting and decided to create a project around them. I think they turned out well and are fun. Both blue and green are favorite colors of mine!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails