May 3, 2010

New Tip Tuesday

I love working with seed beads, but boy do they end up everywhere (I find them in the carpet, between the couch cushions, in crevices on the table... I could go on).  Recently I've been looking at different types of containers I could use to contain the beads while I am working on a project.  Here are some of my ideas:
  • Ramekins:  I thought this would work better... but because of the stiff sides I have trouble getting the beads with my needle.
  • Votive holders:  smaller than the ramekins, so great for seed beads... but difficult to get the unused beads back into their tubes.
  • Ice cube trays:  good in theory... but they have small deep holes... I've had trouble getting the beads with my needle.  Also, I made a mess trying to put my beads away afterwards. 
And the winner?  It's cheap, it's easy... it's mini muffin papers!  They are small and flexible so I don't have trouble reaching my beads.  They can stack so if I need to put my project away for a little while, but will be coming back to it I can stack them with the beads in them and set them aside.  They are flexible, so I can just fold them in half to pour the beads back into their tubes when I'm ready to clean up!!!  I can't believe I didn't come up with this sooner!  I would definitely suggest that the seed bead lovers out there give mini muffin papers a try!

2 comments:

Kel said...

I'll have to remember that next time my little ones are doing bead crafts.

Kell said...

Hi Kel!
I'm glad the tip will help out! I'm always on the lookout for cheap and easy ways to do things. I'm going to try to make it a weekly post (at least until I run out of tips).

Kell

Related Posts with Thumbnails