May 18, 2010

New Tip Tuesday

I can't claim credit for this one.  I found this tip while completing my organization project last week in one of the magazines I was going through.  If you like working with wire, a cheap way to get colored wire is from phone cords... that's right, phone cords.  They have a series of about six different wires in them, each one coated with a different color plastic coating.  You all probably have some extra phone cords laying around... and if you don't, you can pick them up pretty cheaply at any store.  If you want to save even more money, consider checking thrift stores or reclaim stores for phone cords.  I know I have about 20 extra cords (every time I buy a phone or move apartments, I acquire more phone cords).  Unfortunately, they're all packed away, so I won't be able to try out this tip myself for another couple of months.

Happy beading!
Kell

2 comments:

Andrew Thornton said...

That's a clever idea! When we were kids we used to befriend the local power line repair guys and they would give us their scrap wire. We used to make wire sculptures and figurines.

Kell said...

Andrew...
That's awesome (and very resourceful as kids). As soon as I saw this idea in one of my magazines, I knew I had to share it... I only wish I knew which magazine and who provided the idea so I could give credit where it is due!

Related Posts with Thumbnails