April 15, 2010

Beaded Scarf Update

Those of you who have been following my blog for a while probably already know that I have undertaken a HUGE endeavor. I'm working on creating a scarf that is about 6 inches wide (and I'm not sure how long it will end up being) that is made completely of beads. In my last post about the scarf, I shared the cherry blossom pattern I created for the scarf. The pattern made me happy and it seemed like the very essence of spring (although at this pace it may not be finished until Christmas).

Well, I've invested about 15 hours of work in the project so far and I have about 60 rows complete. You can see the pattern starting to show... it is almost identifiable as cherry blossoms!!! I know I have hours and hours of bead weaving ahead of me, but I'm really excited to see how the pattern turns out.

Because it is such a huge project, I'm working on it kind of sporadically. I have to work on shorter projects as well or else I will feel like I never accomplish anything. Every now and then I need the gratification of looking at something pretty and sparkly... and most importantly, DONE! I'll keep plugging away, and as I do, I'll keep everyone updated on my progress! I hope you enjoy the pictures of the work I have completed so far, and a couple of close-ups of the flowers.

1 comments:

Kelly's Lucky You said...

That is going to be amazing! I love the cherry blossom pattern as well.

Related Posts with Thumbnails