April 13, 2010

Thank You Janie

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I recently visited Miami for a week of house hunting. Our awesome real estate agent, Janie, had endless patience with us while we looked at houses, and more houses... then a few more houses. She took us from neighborhood to neighborhood, making appointments... then rearranging appointments as we changed our minds about what we wanted. She took us back to the houses we liked the best again and again.

After all the searching, she helped us put in an offer... then put in another offer when we were unable to come to an agreement with the sellers... then cancel our second offer after inspecting the property... then put in a third offer... She was amazing. I know it doesn't sound like a lot... and you might think "of course she did that, it's her job," but it was more than a job. She helped us make sure we found the right neighborhood for us, the right house for us, and make the right deal for us. She treated us as friends rather than clients.


For all her work and caring, I want to thank her in the only way I know how... by giving her a hand-made gift; something that took thought and time. I noticed that she wears dangly earrings a lot, so I tried out a new pattern and put them in the mail a couple of days ago. I hope they're a pleasant surprise when they show up! She deserves it!

If you ever find yourself looking for a home in the Miami area, you should definitely contact Janie. She is prompt, courteous, knowledgeable, and caring. She realizes that purchasing real estate is more than a business transaction... it's choosing your life for the time that you live there.

2 comments:

Dawn Doucette said...

I love these earrings Kell! As a realtor for many years prior to starting my jewelry business, I can say I can totally empathize with your search. I'm so tickled you guys found the right everything... now for packing & moving.

Thanks for putting my link under your "Cool blogs to check out" section. Make sure you get your button out there so I can reciprocate links! :o)

Have a super fantastic day!

Handmade Jewelry Haven said...

Hi Kel-

Just found your blog on FF and was so 'in awe' of your blog that I read EVERY POST! WOW! Your creations are just an inspiration to me!
I am a beginning beader and have just started to market some of my pieces through my blog, Facebook and ArtFire.
Also, I grew up in Miami and now live in Weston (west Ft Lauderdale)..and would love to get together with you after you get 'settled in'.

Good luck with that move!!!

Lisa Verde
Handmade Jewelry Haven
http://handmade-jewelry-haven.blogspot.com/

Related Posts with Thumbnails