April 13, 2010

Jewelry Swap

About one month ago I started using social media to try to promote myself as a jewelry artist. I didn't really know what I was doing (and still don't in many ways), but almost immediately I met a really cool chick named Dawn who writes a blog called Designs By Dawn Marie. She was so adorable and nice that I just couldn't help but become friends with her.

Within about a week of meeting each other, we were following each others blogs, following one another on twitter, and developing a friendship on Facebook. Well, Facebook was the catalyst for this story. While looking through each other's photo albums, we fell in love with one another's jewelry. Dawn had the great idea to swap jewelry so we could indulge ourselves.

Dawn saw this blue woven cuff I'd made and liked it... but thought it would look better in purple. I was so excited about the idea of swapping jewelry that I started on it immediately. Within a couple of days her custom bracelet was done and in the mail.

For the other side of the swap... I fell in love with Dawn's Scrappy Neclace (along with most of her other designs) that is displayed on her Facebook Page . Since she had just sold the necklace, she set to work creating one for me... and it turned out awesome!!! I just love the colors and whimsical nature of the piece. I have no idea how she does it, but it's gorgeous. If you are a jewelry lover, you should definitely check out her Blog and her Facebook Page. You won't be sorry!

1 comments:

Dawn Doucette said...

Awww, reading your post put such a smile on my face! So glad you like your necklace honey! I've gotten tons & tons of compliments on my bracelet!

I think you're working with one of my friends to design a custom order one for her to.

I loved swapping jewelry with you, Kell! Your work is beautiful! Hope you sell a GAZILLION more beautiful beaded baubbles! :o)

Related Posts with Thumbnails