January 3, 2011

Christmas Gifts -- Revealed

Between the end of the semester and Christmas, I was busy creating jewelry for friends and family.  however, I haven't displayed the pieces here because not everyone had received their gifts (yeah... I finished the pieces in plenty of time, But somehow I just couldn't get myself to deal with the crowds at the post office pre-Christmas).  So, here is a peek at the handmade pieces I gifted for Christmas.  I hope you enjoy them!

This bracelet and earrings were for my brother-in-law's girlfriend.  I don't usually create things that are so "girly" because I'm a bit of a tom-boy, but she's a girlie-girl and I really wanted to make something she would like and wear.  I don't know if she likes pink and purple, but the piece seemed to suit her, and it just kind of came to me.  I bought the charms a while ago because I really liked them, but then I never found a way to use them.  Somehow everything fell together into this really cute charm bracelet.  The earrings were created using a chandelier finding and attaching Swarovski crystals to it.  I know she received the pieces the other day, and I hope she liked them!

I created this necklace for my friend Katy.  I wore a similar necklace (in red) to a concert we both attended and she really liked it.  I decided to create one of her own for her.  She really likes black, white, and grey so that is the color pallet I stuck with.  To give it a little "wow" factor, I added some smoky grey crystals and the lucite beads with a vintage pattern printed on them.  I haven't given it to her yet, but she saw pictures of it and I know she likes it!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails