January 21, 2011

Rings & Things Bead Blogger Stash

Rings & Things recently changed the way they conduct their monthly bead blogger program.  They changed from a program where they had a specific list of bloggers with whom they worked to a new program where they select a group of bloggers from everyone who wants to participate.  Well, under the new program, I was picked... and I recently received a really cool selection of beads and findings!!!

Check out the awesome stash they sent:

The package included 2 jewelry blanks.  I haven't worked with resin before, but I plan to add some steampunk-style components to it.  Maybe some gears and springs or some different colors of wire.  I'm really excited to try my hand at a new medium.  One of the blanks is deeper and has a ruffled edge, and the other is shallower.  I think I will put an image in the shallower one, then use resin to enclose it!


The next piece is a GORGEOUS and SPARKLY Swarovski bead!!!  Who doesn't like a little sparkle... and, it's my favorite color!!!  I think it will make a great hanging charm next to a clasp on a simple bracelet or necklace.  It will add just the right "wow" factor.




They included this adorable Santa bead.  It's absolutely gorgeous and has a little weight to it (which is perfect for Santa, right!?!?!).  I can't wait to use it, but I think I will hold on to it until it is a little closer to the Holiday season.  I think he might make an appearance as an ornament.  He'd look great with some red, green, and white swarovski crystals!


Next up is this gorgeous strand of purple gemstone beads.  Just look at the texture and colors in these beads.  I don't know what I'll make with them (but, I'm definitely taking suggestions), but I can't wait to use them.  They will make an AMAZING piece of jewelry.  Anything they touch will be beautiful!


And, the beads keep on coming!!!  They also generously included this gorgeous butterfly focal.  I am absolutely in love with butterflies right now, so this was an amazing inclusion.  I picture this focal as the centerpiece of a multi-strand bracelet.  I think it deserves to be coupled with small wooden beads with some bright purple beads thrown in to brighten up the piece.  I'm not sure how I will incorporate the focal in the multiple strands, but I do know it will be amazing when it's done.  I can already picture it in my head.  I just have to figure out how to put the pieces all together.


And, I've saved the best for last (at least in my opinion).  I love these whimsical lampwork glass frog beads.  They are adorable and colorful, and just make me happy to look at.  I love the colors and spots on them.  They are the perfect size for just about anything.  I've already made the cutest pair of earrings with them.  These are going to be hard to part with because I'm just in love with them. 

I haven't had a lot of time to work with the beads and findings yet, but I can't wait to show you all the amazing pieces I can create with them.  If you have suggestions about how to use them, or what pieces of jewelry are deserving of these amazing pieces, please tell me.  I have some ideas, but I am totally open to being pushed in a new direction or encouraged to work outside of my comfort zone.

Kell

FTC Disclosure: The items in this post were provided to me free of charge from Rings & Things for review or design purposes as part of the Bead Blogger program. I am providing an honest review of the products for which I am receiving no compensation.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails