January 23, 2011

Seed Beads and Lucite from The Beadin' Path

Some of you who follow my blog may know that my husband and I recently traveled to the snowy, cold north due to the death of his grandfather.  It was a very sad occassion, but it was also a celebration of a man who lived an amazing 90 years.  He was a hard working and smart husband, father, grandfather, great grandfather, and friend.  The world has lost a great man.

However, while in Maine, I was able to visit one of my favorite bead stores:  The Beadin' Path.  Boy, was it overwhelming.  I just kept looking and looking... and of course, I wanted one of everything.  However, after a couple of hours, I was able to narrow my selections down to a few strands of lucite beads, and some vials of seed beads.

For my lucite beads, I picked some clear aqua colored starfish beads that are drilled from the top to the bottom.  I also selected some GORGEOUS dark blue matte flower beads.  I can't wait to make some earrings, rings, bracelets, and necklaces with these beads.  I have about 1000 ideas floating through my head.  Hopefully I can bring all of them to life!


I also selected 5 vials of seed beads (is anyone surprised, with my love of seed beads?).  I picked 4 vials of size 11/0 beads and one vial of 15/0 beads.  I picked a gorgeous wintry pallet (maybe it's due to the snow that was all around me in Maine).  The beads are gorgeous and opaly looking.  I have a great idea for how I will use them, but I'm not going to give any hints for now except that it is inspired by my fall piece for the Artbeads.com bead blogger program (which is almost done.  I will post pics of this necklace soon).

Kell

3 comments:

Terri said...

Hi Kell,
I'm new to your site... came over from Bead a day. I just want to wish you luck in your chemical future. Keep up the good work!
Terri

Dawn Doucette said...

GREAT colors Kell! I'm so sorry to hear about Grandpa. No matter how many years they are with us on earth, it never seems like enough. Just think now, Grandpa is keeping watch over you and your hubby and will help lead you down the right path every time you need him!

Big hugs darlin! Glad part of your trip provided joy and bead bliss! :o)

P.S. I just read you won an AMAZING lampwork focal that these purple seed beads you just picked up would be PERFECT with!
http://lovemyartjewelry.blogspot.com/2011/01/lampwork-focal-winner.html

Lucky you!

Kell said...

Hi Terri,
Welcome, and thank you so much for stopping by! It's great to meet you.

Dawn,
Thanks! I can't wait to get the focal... I already have ideas swimming through my head. I think I'm going to do something simple so the focal really stands out... I'm not completely sure what yet.

Kell

Related Posts with Thumbnails